Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Health Community
9.03k Members

neck pain

hi this is gowtham sir / mam i am suffering with severe neck pain and even i am not able to turn my head especially after sleeping i am not able to wake up from my bed my head was not able to move up i have tried a lot of new pillows also even the problem is not reduced please suggest me for a reduce of this pain please i am suffering from a month..
4 Responses
The neck is something you don't want to ignore when it hurts as you described. I suggest you see a doctor and have x-rays or CT or MRI done before anything else. DO NOT have your neck adjusted by a chiropractor until you know the cause of the pain and stiffness.
You could have several different things going on..menengitis, herniated disc, bulding disc, sprain or strain of the muscles...it is important you see a doctor as soon as you can.
I wish you the best. Let us know whats going on...ok?
1674107 tn?1305284478
maybe try amassage, a nice hot bathe or put some muscle rub  on it maybe it mite be a muscle you over worked. what is your job???
I recommend you go see a doctor right away. You may need an MRI to make sure you haven't torn an artery in your neck. I had this same issue - it hurt severely and burned whenever I tried to turn my head to one direction. I discovered I had dissected an artery in my neck.

This could simply be muscle tension from stress or from sitting in a bad position too long, but it's worth getting it checked out.
thanks a lot for ur precious advice, i am studying B-TECH, here my problem reduces one day and again with same...
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.