General Health Community
9.03k Members
Avatar universal

pain and discomfor

I am tired and at my breaking point.  I have had upper right quadrant pain generating into my back up up into my right shoulder blade area for close to a year now - they have removed my gallbladder and still no relief.  I get these serious bouts of pain and at time go for days without eating - I have presented to numerous doctors and have been labeled a "drug seeker" in local emergency rooms which I am not - i just want the pain and severe diarrhea and vomiting to go away.... can anyone help me
4 Responses
Avatar universal
If you ahve already had your gall bladder out, and you are still having upper right quadrant pain you need to have some labs done.

If you do not have a primary care physician, please select one and bring your history to him. Work with him or her to try and find the correct diagnosis.  

One thing they will do (should do?) is blood work to check your vitamins, AST, ALT, hormones, and blood levels. What YOU should do in the mean time is track your diet/intake, and how you feel afterwards.  Note anything that exacerbates your problem, as well as anything that alleviates it.  

I know when you're feeling like crap you don't want to eat.... especially when you're throwing up.  Try to eat small frequent meals  - they tend to cause less upset, and if you DO throw up, there will be less to bring back up.

Try eating a low fat diet and see if that helps. Because you have no gallbladd now, fat is extremely difficult for your body to break down.  you may find you have a lot less pain once you eat extremely low fat.

Other things it could be is a blockage or narrowing or twisting of your intesting.  It could also be a lack of peristalsis.  I had a friend who's duodenum randomly stopped working at one point. She had to go on meds that coordinated the contractions in her gut for a bit, but then it randomly started working again.  It happens.... especially if there is trauma in the area, and you DID have surgery.  Sometimes it takes a LONG time to clear up!

Please please please check in with a doctor!   He or she will have a better idea of what tests to run, and to ensure you're getting the best treatment.  ER staff are not equipped to put together a long history, whereas a PCP can help you track your health and come to the best diagnosis.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Avatar universal
As a medical professional myself, I don't think that you will find the diagnosis you want here. You may find good support, though.
Avatar universal
Have you had your kidney tested? Sometimes it can cause pain that you speak of and can be over looked. Do you take a lot of meds that have tylenol in them? That could also be a factor to look at.

Good luck
Avatar universal
Which "numerous doctors"  have you seen?  
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.