Aa
A
A
Close

pain in hand

About 7 months ago I started having pain in my hand, below my index finger. I wemt to an orthopedic surgeon who sasid it was probably a ganglion cyst because it caused so much pain in my index finger she said I should have it removed. I went to the hospital, had surgery, but when I awoke she said she found nothing, sadly it still hurt so she sent me to physical therapy. I tried everything they suggested, heating, colloing, ultrsounding the area, shocking the area, etc. etc. when nothing worked theys ent me to another Dr. That Dr. got an mri which showed a mass at the base of my index finger in my palm. It is only about 1.5 cm in diameter, but it hurts when anything bumps it or I have to use my finger. Also I have been loosing a little weight maybe just from stress. The new Dr. said it looks like it could be a ganglion cyst, synovitis, but he wants it removed and biopsied. Is it really that hard to tell it is a ganglion cyst for sure? Should it hurt this much?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
General Health Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
Blank
AL
80052 tn?1496327897