General Health Community

painful lump on collar bone close to neck

I have a lump on my collar bone close to my neck that is painful.  I am not sure if this is the right forum to come to but I thought I would at least try.  The lump isn't hard and the pain radiates up to behind my ear.   It is more of an annoyance than anything.  

I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on this.  I can't see my Dr until the end of July and more than likely it will be gone by then.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I know this will sound strange, but, it could be a misplaced vertebrae in your neck. The reason I say this is because when my neck needs adjusting from my chiro, I will get a lump there and once it is adjusted, it goes away. It definitely causes me pain as well.

It is good, however, that you are seeing your doc, it never hurts to check things out, but, in the mean time, try the chiro and also alternating between hot and cold packs, this might help too.