painful lump on lower right stomach

I have a painful lump and the lower right part of my stomach. Should I go to the doc or should I wait it out and see if it will go away on it's own?

This discussion is related to lump - lower abdomen.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I found a lump in my abdomen about 5cm long and 2 cm wide. It's near my hip bone. I found it 5 days ago, and 11 days ago I fell off a horse and got significant grazes on my belly, and really hurt my abdomen in that area. Now the lump is not painful. It is slightly movable. After reading up on google, I think it may be intestine which has squeezed through my abdominal muscles, though it feels too close to the skin as I have a few inches of fat there which should be in the way.

I'm tempted to push it back into the belly! If there is an isolated pocket of intestinal waste, could it have turned septic?

Do I bother seeing a doctor? Or will they just tell me to live with it?

(Note- ! hour after I fell from the horse I went to the GP to get a tetanus shot. I had a bloody nose, skin off my face, hands, belly, back, a very sore ankle and knee and a black eye. He did not even ask if I'd been wearing a helmet, or may have concussion. He only checked my belly because I asked him to as it was really sore, and he found nothing. I felt more qualified than this loser!)

To Kelly: If the lump gets bigger or really painful, I would certainly see a doctor, it may be nothing, but when it comes to lumps, I always like to have them checked.

To West: That doctor you saw sure did not do much for you, he should have tested you for a concussion and possibly some other tests. As to the lump, I would see a different doc, it may not be serious, but as I told Kelly, when it comes to lumps, I like to check to make sure all is well.
Actually I saw a doctor about the lump and apparently it's a subcutaneous heamotoma eg a big blood-blister under the skin. Because of a bit of belly fat, you can't see any colour though.

So it's not a tumor! Or a hernia. Just a boring little lump of blood.
:)