MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

prescription dosage

i just discovered i have been giving my 41 year old daughter twice the amount of NEUTRA-PHOS-K powder as prescribed.....(the mgram amount is not listed on the packets)  the prescribed dosage is one packet twice daily and i have been giving her 2 packets twice daily for about 2 weeks.....is she in any danger if i just go back to the prescribed dosage right now ?...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there I went to www.drugs.com and got this answer for you

If OVERDOSE is suspected:

Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately.
Proper storage of Neutra-Phos-K Powder for Solution:

Store Neutra-Phos-K Powder for Solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. The solution may be chilled after mixing and stored for up to 60 days. Keep Neutra-Phos-K Powder for Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
General information:

* If you have any questions about Neutra-Phos-K Powder for Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
    * Neutra-Phos-K Powder for Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
    * If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.

I would put a call into your pharmacist or doctor to find out what you should do

I hope that your daughter is okay and that she will feel better soon
michelle
Helpful - 0
Click on to the Doctor Forum and they will know the answer to this one.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the General Health Community