General Health Community

swollen legs

I was needing to know if u can tell me what I might be going through.  What my problem is that I have allot of swelling​on my lower legs and they are also itchy
Have you been to any doctor yet? Any fatigue or anxiety or any other symptoms?
Try rubbing your legs. And i dont mean just rub... More like message them. I am a CNA. I didnt home health and a lot of my clients had this. They all had different health issues. As a home health aid i had to message their legs and get them up and walking. They were getting to the point of having stiff legs from not walking due to the swelling. So as a home health aid thats what i would advise. I would also advise to see a doctor.
Hi, Tina. I have Edema, too. If you put pressure on your lower legs with your fingertips and there is an indentation that lasts for a good while, it is called pitting edema. I've had it for probably 15 years and it hasn't killed me, yet, but if you are smart, you will cut down on salt and hydrate your body with plenty of fresh water. It can be due to the way your liver is functioning or any other organ, but as I understand it, there are air pockets in the skin that fill with fluid? Anyway, I'm certain mine is due to never drinking water and always drinking coffee. Itching is called pruritis and that's probably due to dry skin from the swelling tearing at your tissues. I don't know that for sure, but my legs itch like mad sometimes, too.
How old are you? Do you have a family history of congestive heart failure? You really should be talking with your physician about having some blood test done and a probable diet change. Good Luck!