General Surgery Community
319 Members

Calcification of knee koint

My mother has a calcification of knee joint in one of her knees but externally(doctors said that generally, the calcification is internal). She is 50 years old. She went to 2 doctors, one of them told her that it's not worth it to do a surgery until 65, the other one advised her to do it now. She feels a lot of pain before her regular period in the knee and she can't kneel comfortably. ( N.B: my mother is a little overweight)
Unfortunately, I can't upload the photo of the radiology she did but I need your advice.
Sorry about your mom's knee. That's always tricky to decide when to have surgery.  The cleaning out of her knee could make life better for sure.  But the stage she is at would likely determine when she should have it.  I do believe losing weight greatly would help.  I'm trying to lose too.  Sigh.  Long process.  We have a weight loss group here she may like to be a part of in which we support and encourage each other.  I can give you the link, it's on medhelp.  Nice group of ladies.  Anyway, so, do you know what grade the issue is?