General Surgery Community
291 Members

Cataracts

Now this may be a dumb question but, once a natural lens is replaced with an IOL will that eye ever get bad again as we age? As in if we were to get cataract surgery corrected to 20/20, will I be living with 20/20 for the rest of my life or will the vision get worse as time goes by?

Also I am nearsighted with one eye being relatively good and one eye worse in cataracts, I want to get the worse eye corrected to be farsighted. Are there instances where people live with one eye being farsighted and one near? I do suffer from some astigmatism.  Also are there people who adapt with having only one eye corrected and leaving the natural lens in the other if it's still a good eye? Help!