General Surgery Community
334 Members

I have surgery tomorrow, and am supposed to be on a clear liquid diet

I ate eggs without thinking. Will the bowel prep take care of it? Will they still be able to do surgery?
This is an older post now but we'd love to know what the outcome was.  The not eating before surgery rule is an old one.  Many still adhere to that but it's also becoming more common not to restrict food prior to surgery as well.  Please let us know if your doctor performed the surgery, how it went and if food affected it.  best to you.