General Surgery Community
333 Members

Post Surgery Twitching

Does anyone perhaps know anything about twitching after surgery? My husband had a subclavian to carotid bypass on 15 September. He was under general anaesthesia for about 6 hours. He was in hospital for 4 days. Since he came home, he twitches when he sleeps. They range from big jerks to mild twitching. He says he can feel them sometimes. I can feel them if I put my arm around him while he sleeps or if he puts his arm around me. I assumed this would resolve in a few days. But it's been a few weeks and still twitching. He has had many surgeries before and this has never happened. Thank you
Hello and welcome to the forum.  Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay in response.  Is this still happening these wakes later since you posted?  Please do check with the surgeon and let us know what they say.  The twitching is only when asleep.  Is it all night or just as he is going to sleep?