General Surgery Community
319 Members

Took Suboxone and I have surgery Monday

I took Suboxone Saturday morning I have surgery Monday evening  I want to know if it'll be safe to have my surgery then I'm not prescribed Suboxone but someone gave me one for alcohol withdrawals
Randyice321.  We're sorry we didn't promptly answer this question.  It has been some time.  What was the outcome.  In general, please never take medication that is not prescribed to you and especially something like Suboxone.  We do have excellent forums here Addiction Substance Abuse in which many members also have had alcohol addiction.  They would love to chat on strategies with you for a sober life.  https://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/show/77  We also have alcohol specific forums.

Let us know how you are doing and how the surgery went.