A
A
A
Close
General Surgery Community
330 Members
1378381 tn?1444866015

Top jaw surgery recovery

Okay so a bit about the surgery. - surgery was done on the 8th June 2015. Lasted 2hours.
Top jaw only. Moved forward 6mm, up 2mm, to the side 1mm (unsure which direction).
Complications - sinus infections. Sinus infection at 4week mark got into the jaw causing permanent swelling/hole next to the left roof side of the jaw (sealed at 8weeks on its own).

Last week other half and I had a small collision of heads, the top of his head to the top of my cheek. Very soft bump but enough to bruise and make a lot of pain.

The sharp pain along the area up and down my cheek on the side that was bumped, swelling is up and down still limiting my movement/activities.
Also have pain on the inside of my mouth roughly where the pins are(mostly felt when trying to brush my teeth).

Question is. Should I be feeling this much pain?

The surgeon said a few weeks ago I was still sensitive around the surgical sites (although I don't feel them too much unless poked at by implements)

Soo little information to find online about it. And the support group I have are all saying different things.

(I do expect the odd twinge and stabbing pain, random bits of swelling etc. But this is out of the norm from the previous few months healing and pain levels. I've already had to go back to the surgeon several times for the sinus infections and a deviated septum, which is sorting itself and will be checked on in march)

Thanks in advance.
PS I've been taking 30mg - 60mg codeine when it gets particularly bad which is nearly every day atleast once, though I try to keep away from it as much as possible.
Worst when trying to sleep. Using a travel pillow with polystyrene beads in it to help
1 Responses
I'm sorry to hear about all the complications you've had. I would say anytime you have out of the norm pain you should call your doctor. I know you said you've been seen several times already but you really should be seen again!!
Please give him a call....better to make sure everything's ok.   Good luck & I hope you feel better soon!!
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.