Aa
A
A
A
Close
General Surgery Community
336 Members

Tympanoplasty recovery

I had tympanoplasty surgery 9 days ago. Everything seemed fine until today I was driving and cranked my neck to reverse. There was a pop in my ear, and I felt like the packing moved and I could hear clearly. I shoved the cotton back in. The popping happened again as was walking back into my apartment. Does this mean the grapht failed? I pushed the cotton back in and it's back to the muffled feeling now. }
2 Responses
you need  to ask a doctor if it happens again it might have failed but I suggest asking your doctor or surgen
1667242 tn?1487950547
Probably air entered your middle ear as you turned your head. I think this should be ok but in any event you will be seeing you ENT doctor soon.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.