General Surgery Community
336 Members

Tympanoplasty recovery

I had tympanoplasty surgery 9 days ago. Everything seemed fine until today I was driving and cranked my neck to reverse. There was a pop in my ear, and I felt like the packing moved and I could hear clearly. I shoved the cotton back in. The popping happened again as was walking back into my apartment. Does this mean the grapht failed? I pushed the cotton back in and it's back to the muffled feeling now. }
you need  to ask a doctor if it happens again it might have failed but I suggest asking your doctor or surgen
Probably air entered your middle ear as you turned your head. I think this should be ok but in any event you will be seeing you ENT doctor soon.