General Surgery Community
327 Members

What are these red bumps near incision, 1 month post-surgery?

I had my gallbladder removed over a month ago, and the entire time I've had itchy red bumps on the sides of my incision. A couple still remain, a couple have mostly gone away. Are these likely reactions to sutures beneath the skin somewhere? Any need for concern? I'm just concerned that they're lingering for quite some time and are still itchy and red. Incisions themselves have healed well.
This incision line should not look red but itching is normal sense it takes quite awhile to heal on the inside, itching is a sign of healing and may go on for sometime but the skin should not be red or inflamed.  take your temp if you think it might be infected.