General Surgery Community
323 Members

What could cause tingling, pins and needle shooting pain in hand and forearm?

I had arthroscopic surgery on my wrist 2 months ago. 3 anchors installed. I still have shooting, burning sensation. Now, I also have pins and needle type sensations in thumb, heel of hand and up forearm. It is worst when icing my hand or washing hands, etc
Any thoughts what it may be?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Hello and welcome. Very sorry to hear about your issues post surgery.  Please speak to the surgeon who performed the surgery. The pins and needles sensation post surgery is pretty common, you do need evaluation if it persists.  You also may have irritation of he superficial nerve.  Please speak to your doctor about this.