Genetic Disorders Forum

diabetes

HI most of my family has diabetes,some take pills,some insulin [type 1 and 2] my question is.it'spossible to have pancreas transplant? tank u
It sounds like you have a significant family history of diabetes.  Diabetes is a complex condition caused by genetic and environmental factors.  Like all common diseases, there are many risk factors for diabetes. Rarely is one factor alone responsible for causing the disease. Your total risk is made up several different risk factors which include family history, genetic risks, weight, physical activity, history of gestational diabetes, and diet.  Diabetes can be diagnosed at different stages of life depending on the combination of risk factors.  

Pancreas transplant is possible, and there are specific programs at hospitals and universities for people interested in learning about the benefits and risks and whether or not the surgery is indicated for them.  
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.