Aa
A
A
A
Close
Genetics Community
965 Members

AM I THE ONLY ONE

HELLO I HAVE A SON WHO WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DE GEORGES SYNDROME SINCE BIRTH, HE IS NOW 9 YRS OLD AND IT HASN'T BEEN EASY.  HE IS NOT POTTY TRAINED YET I HAVE TRIED SO MANY THING BUT YET IT HASN'T WORKED. CAN SOMEBONE PLEASE HELP OR LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL FOR HIS AGE?

THANK YOU ROSE
1 Responses
395787 tn?1298432387
hi rose,my name is lisa,you are definitley not on your own,i too have been searching for answers for my daughter,although its not di george syndrome,my daughter has goldberg and shprintzen syndrome which can sometimes be confused. they are both 22q11.2 the same genetically.if you need any information or just want to talk please do not hesitate to contact me. if you go to my profile on one of my journals it breifly describes my daughter,marias syndrome and her complications as not everybody is alike,i lost my eldest daughter 12 years ago who also had the syndrome but had heart complications which thankfully maria doesnt.i have felt so alone and as it is so rare doctors have not been able to help me.ive done a lot of research though on my own and i still feel lost.
with best wishes
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.