Genetics Community
965 Members

AM I THE ONLY ONE

HELLO I HAVE A SON WHO WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DE GEORGES SYNDROME SINCE BIRTH, HE IS NOW 9 YRS OLD AND IT HASN'T BEEN EASY.  HE IS NOT POTTY TRAINED YET I HAVE TRIED SO MANY THING BUT YET IT HASN'T WORKED. CAN SOMEBONE PLEASE HELP OR LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL FOR HIS AGE?

THANK YOU ROSE
hi rose,my name is lisa,you are definitley not on your own,i too have been searching for answers for my daughter,although its not di george syndrome,my daughter has goldberg and shprintzen syndrome which can sometimes be confused. they are both 22q11.2 the same genetically.if you need any information or just want to talk please do not hesitate to contact me. if you go to my profile on one of my journals it breifly describes my daughter,marias syndrome and her complications as not everybody is alike,i lost my eldest daughter 12 years ago who also had the syndrome but had heart complications which thankfully maria doesnt.i have felt so alone and as it is so rare doctors have not been able to help me.ive done a lot of research though on my own and i still feel lost.
with best wishes
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research