Genetics Community
962 Members

!!CANCER QUESTION!!

Hi everyone. So i was concerned about my genetics and wanted someones opinion. My grandmother had breast cancer at the age of 50 and my mother was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis around 30 and also had a thymoma, so I was wondering that since Im my mothers only daughter adn  i thought since my grandmother had breast cancer and mother had tumor that puts me at a higher risk of cancer. I just wanted to know what Ive been thinking is right and if so, is there something I can do to confirm and be more cautious?
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.