Genetics Community
968 Members

Getting a blood test without a primary care phys

Hey, so my girlfriend needs a blood test to find out if she has a genetic predisposition for breast cancer/ovarian cancer (her dad has the gene), and has no regular doctor.

She has the kit, the address she needs to send the blood to, everything. She just needs someone to stick the needle in, draw the blood.

Yet, her student health services aren't willing to do it, and even regular doctors are hemming and hawing.

Seems to me there must be community service groups that would be willing to do this kind of thing ...
Anyone know of services that will draw blood (safely, of course) so you can have it tested yourself?
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.