Genetics Community
964 Members

Goldberg Shpintzen Megacolon Syndrome

Hello. I am brand new to this group. My daughter was just diagnosed with Goldberg Shprintzen Megacolon Syndrome. We have been searching for over 20 years! We were told there are only 10 documented cases IN THE WORLD!! We are trying to connect with other families who have children affected  by this syndrome. If there is anyone reading this post who wishes to contact me, please do so. Thank you :)
HI,
Goldberg-Shprintzen megacolon syndrome is indeed a  very rare genetic condition and has been described in about 10-15 individuals to date. Aside from this forum, you can also check out  RareShare or organizations such as National Organization for Rare DIsease/NORD. Hope this helps. Take care and best regards.
Thank you for your reply. We have actually contacted NORD; however, this syndrome is not yet in their database!
Are you still active on this group?
there is 15 in the world and so many more undiagnosed...but I know your name and you have spoke to me in past posts so you should know that...do  your homework santos
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.