Genetics Community
964 Members

Hello. my sister is 5 months pregnant. her baby boy has 3 abnormalities with chromosome 14 (monosomy, trisomy, and ring) also a herniated lung---the lung tissue at this point is underdeveloped, he has only one kidney...

Hello.  my sister is 5 months pregnant.  her baby boy has 3 abnormalities with chromosome 14 (monosomy, trisomy, and ring) also a herniated lung---the lung tissue at this point is underdeveloped, he has only one kidney...
has anyone or does anyone know anyone who has experienced something like this---i have done a lot of research but would like to hear from someone who may have experience.  We are all trying to be optimistic, but need to be realistic as well.  it's hard to know what to expect when they are saying that the chomosome 14 abnormalities are so rare--and seemingly unheard of to have 3 abnormalities of it...please help...
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research