Genetics Community
964 Members

Rib pain and rashes

My back rib pains a lot... It started a week ago right below left shoulder and since yesterday some rashes started to appear on my stomach  and it hurts? Could anyone please tell me what could it be?
Was there a history of injury or trauma to your back? Can you elaborate on the rashes on your stomach? What other symptoms are present?  The rashes could be due to a variety of issues such as irritation,allergic reaction, infection as well as skin conditions such as dermatitis. Rashes associated with pain may be caused by viral infection like shingles and may warrant further evaluation by your doctor for direct clinical examination. The back pain may be musculoskeletal, neurological or associated with the rash. Take care and do keep us posted.
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research