leg genetics question

well to start things off im 17 year old male that weights 110 pounds and am 5' 8'' im really underweight and i eat like a pig i have ridiclously tiny legs both my parents have massive legs especially calves but me, i have literally tooth pic sized legs to where it looks so unhealthy and unproportional not even the slightest definition. my little brother that is 15 years old weights 25 pounds more then me and is 2 inches taller then me. he seemed to get these genetics his legs are triple mine. i  personally feel like i could have a health problem preventing me from gaining weight not only to my legs but to my whole body... i have been 110 pounds since 8th grade and im a senior in high school now. ive done research and im thinking i might have hyperthyroidism i dont know what to think.. any thoughts?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the updates. I understand your concern. Let us take one problem or condition at a time and have this managed. Looking at the whole picture may be overwhelming and it is important that you talk to your doctor about this. Depression at your age is actually common and it can be managed with medications prescribed by your attending physician. Hang on and stay positive always. Take care always and do keep us posted how it goes.
Helpful - 0
i basically have the symptoms of depression with out being sad. my biggest problem is fatigue and always being extremely tired all the time. the symptoms i experience are also associated with alot of mental disorders i just dont know what is actually wrong with me
Helpful - 0
What other symptoms are present? Thyroid and other endocrine conditions can be ruled out by blood tests. At  your age, you are still growing and have more physical changes expected soon.If  the legs are proportional to your body and no other symptoms are present, it is also possible that  you have the recessive gene and there is nothing to be worried about. However, to ease any worries, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Diagnostic tests may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Genetics Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.