Genetics Community
964 Members

previous baby chromosome defect

Can anyone tell me what are the chances of giving birth to another baby with 2q33.1 duplication? Who also was born with many many heart defects, extensive brain  damage due to insufficient oxygen/blood, HIE 4/5, GRADE, quadriplegic spasticity cerebral palsy n many more, am I 13 weeks and I am terrifuedof
I understand your concern regarding this genetic condition especially at this time. It is best that you discuss this with your attending physician. Prenatal genetic counselling and genetic screening tests such as first trimester screening or the quad screen, amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling may b indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research