Recently my mother is diagnosed with a cataract

Recently my mother is diagnosed with a cataract, we have taken 3 opinions regarding whether to proceed with surgery or not, 2 doctors said you need surgery but one doctor said you don't need to undergo surgery, i am very confused whether to proceed for operation or not, will appreciate your response.

Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry, you never got an answer.  How old is your mom?  What did you decide to do?  I think surgery can be scary but this one is fairly straight forward.  There is an awesome eye care community here with a doctor that answers questions.  Find it under the top bar under communities.  Let us know how your mom is doing!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life