Anabolism & Catabolism don't work!

The only blood sugar available for body functions is
that processed by my digestive system.
so if I don't eat every 3 hours (night too)
I have hypoglycemic symptoms.
I haven't found any doctor to help me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Don't be afraid to get a second or third - or fourth opinion. You know your body and how you feel. Something else may be going on.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Helpful - 0
I don't measure below 99, at that point I can reconise the start of hypoglycemia. I fear the mental lack of control. since I live alone.
My real problem is finding a doctor that can help, beyond diet.
Helpful - 0
99 is within normal range for bloods sugars. It's when it gets to 62 or lower that one has to be concerned.

How low do your glucose levels go? What are the symptoms you feel?

I've know several people that function well at 70-72, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for you. I wonder if there is something else going on besides hypoglycemia? With all due respect your glucose usually needs to be really low before you become symptomatic.

~Tuck
Helpful - 0
I am not diabetic. I have been to 3 endocronolgists and  plan to see a fourth.
I must eat every 3 hours night too. or get severe hypoglycemia symptoms.
I have taken glucose tests at, 150 I am fine at 99 I can feel the start
of hypoglycemia. I do not let the glucose get lower since I live alone.
I play golf when I have eaten correctly.
Helpful - 0
Hello Csreb,

Please pardon my tardy reply. I've had some nasty medical issues of late. I'm sorry to hear about your hypoglycemia.

I'm not certain what your question is about. One can purchase a Blood glucose monitor to check your glucose levels hourly if you desire. They are devices—about the size of a cell phone or smaller—that are used to monitor your blood sugar at home. I'm sure you know that.

Are you a diabetic? Are you taking insulin? If so what kind and how much? If you are on insulin then they obviously need adjusting.  If you are like my father - not a diabetic but still experienced hypoglycemia - than you still need to be concerned if you BS (blood Sugar) becomes very low.  In non-diabetics that number is below 62 mg/dL. What are your numbers?

Endocrinologists treat hypo and hyperglycemia. If you haven't seen one I encourage you to do so. If you did consult an Endocrinologists and did not get your questions answered our felt he/she dismissed your concerns that please consult another.

Remember physicians work for us - we hire them to do a job for us just like we hire a plumber. If you hire a plumber to fix a leak and it still leaks when he's done with the job what do you do?  Fire him right? Well Physicians are no different - fire him and get another opinion.

What type of symptoms are you experiencing with your hypoglycemia?

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Again I'm sorry that I am so tardy with my response. I'll watch for your response.

Warm Regards,
~Tuck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life