CT SCAN FOR BRAIN

Hello sir,
my dad went for CT SCAN on Brain... reports r below:
what this report actually mean?? im unable to understand... what care should i have to take to my dad,regarding food and medicines...can my dad can work normally... is this report normal.....
waiting for ur valuble n precious reply...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plain Ct of Brain performed on 64 slice MD CT.
Axil and coronal images were filimed.

Patchy hypodense areas are seen in right frontal region and bilateral parietal white matter, posterior to posterior horns of both lateral ventricales - suggestive of ischemic areas / infract

Rest of the brain is normal.
No evidence of midline shift.
Posterior fossa is normal.
No extra -axil collection is seen..

IMPRESSION: patchy hypodense areas in right frontal region and bilateral parietal white matter, posterior to posterior horns of both lateral ventricales - suggestive of ischemic areas / infract
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                                                  Thanking you,
                                                                                                                                   Jin.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Infarcts are strokes.
Helpful - 0
All strokes are different. Memory suffers quite often. A CT scan shows where the damage to the brain has occurred. One doctor said an MRI is safer. Too many scans can have the same effect as radiation and can harm the basal ganglia, which can cause all sorts of impirment. Dont want to scare yu but keep the scans to a minmum. Hope your Dad is improving. Take it easy and dont tire yourself.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Geriatrics Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life