Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

After rectocele surgery

I had a vaginal hysterectomy and rectocele 3 weeks ago.  How long will the soreness last where the rectocele stitches are.  I am not having any problems with the hysterectomy part of the surgery?   rhondaann

You should expect a 4-6 week recovery before feeling close to your pre-surgery self.  Then there will be a long-term recovery and healing process that will take months.  If you have concerns about how you are feeling you should contact the surgeon who performed your surgery.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
A related discussion, rectocele recovery was started.
A related discussion, Why is intercourse impossible? was started.
A related discussion, Hysterectomy & Rectocele Surgery was started.