Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

Always bleeding, ttc with no luck

Really frustrated,  I've been tracking my cycle all year and found that I have a 27 day cycle, It appears ovulation happens on day 13 or 14, I do have rise in bbt every month, but upon ovulation, I start light bleeding which continues all the way until my period starts! So basically each month there are only 6 days where I'm not bleeding. No one can tell me why, I had blood work done which appeared normal except thyroid was a little low.  What should I do here? Could this be why after almost a year of ttc nothing has happened? I am 34, never been pregnant.  Feel lost and need some direction please.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would start with a complete pelvic exam and pap smear.  I would also want to do a sono hysterogram (which is a special type of ultrasound)  to evaluate your tubes and ovaries as well as the lining of your uterus.  I would very likely give you a short course of progesterone and then possibly consider Clomid, although you are ovulating on your own.  I would want your partner to do a semen analysis too. I would possibly consider starting some thyroid hormone if a repeat test showed a hypoactive thyroid.  I would do all of these things right away!
Go to see a gynecologist, or even better a reproductive endocrinology specialist!
Good luck!
Dr B
A related discussion, ttc pls help was started.
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum