Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Asymmetrical pelvic girdle?

My sister and I were discussing our birth experiences today and she mentioned that after I had my caesarean our OB was talking to her and said that neither of us would be able to have a vaginal birth. My sister also had a caesarean delivery by the same OB. What he said was that our pelvis' are asymetrical. Arched on one side and flattened on the other. I was informed before my c-section of my condition. However, I never knew that my sister also had this condition. Interestingly, my sister's pelvis is arched on the opposite side that mine is arched. I have research all over the web for a diagnosis and possibly a surgical treatment so that I may be able to have a VBAC. I have only gotten results that lump most deformities into one catch-all diagnosis. Since my sister and I share this deformity I can only assume it is congenital. Neither of us have experienced any trauma. Our mother gave birth to us vaginally and our maternal and paternal grandmothers gave birth to multiple children vaginally. I would really like to find out what this is and what the causes and treatment are. Thank you for your responses in advanced!
1 Responses
603463 tn?1220630455
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it sounds to me like your doctor does not like to do vaginal births.  I hate to say it, but it sounds like he/she prefers to do c-sections for what ever reason (?convenience ?reimbursement)  I would suggest getting a second opinion from a different doctor.  I could almost guarantee that you will not have a successful VBAC with your current doctor.  I would also ask your doctor what his/her C section rate is--I suspect the percentage of c sections he/she does will be very high.
Good luck!
Dr B
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.