Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

Chronic Yeast/Endometriosis/IBS

I'm 32 years old 5'8 and 135 pounds. I have no children. My husband and I have been together for 91/2 years. I have been suffering with yeast infections for years. First it was the week before my period. Then it was the week after. I have been on every cream and Diflucan for months at a time. I think I am resistant to Diflucan. This past December I had a laproscopy and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. I also have suffer with IBS for over 15 years. I am currently taking Elavil 10mg for my IBS which has helped my chronic diarrhea but not cured. I have been on BC since I was 18 years old and still having no plans of children but leaving the option open until age 35. After my endometriosis diagnosis I am taking BC contiously without a period. Last month my current pill was discontiued and thats when I started with the yeast problem again. Starting this past April 7th my Dr painted the area with Genetian Violet 3 times a week for 2 weeks. I started Garlic pills and have been taking 50 billion culture tablets of probiotics (since December) and am currently using Boric acid suppositories 2 a day. I also have purchased the Genetian Violet but have not try with the combination of the boric acid. I just started taking Flagyl 2 days ago. I still am experiencing throbbing and pain. I rarely experience discharge. Mostly burning and itching. I have not had intercourse in weeks. Tried and CRIED!! I have been tested for EVERYTHING... NO STDS, NO HIV, NO thyroid problems, nothing....  I feel that I cannot handle much more. I can't function at work. My Dr. has suggested the  Lupron Depot but I do not want to put my body through that. I would rather try a natural way. But I don't know how many more weeks I can deal with this. I have bought so many books and have researched information on the internet for hours. Please let me know any suggestions.....ANYTHING

Thanks-Amanda

It sounds like you are doing all you can regarding your symptoms.  One thing I'd suggest is talking to your doctors about what might be causing what.  If the endo is the source of your pelvic pain is should be worse when you menstruate and improve when using hormonal contraception.  If those things aren't true, the endo may not be the cause of your pain.  

Regarding recurrent yeast infections, you are being treated in an advance way which is appropriate given your persistent sx's.  Continue to work with your doctor to help you get better.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
have you been tested for diabetiis , or any other low immune things . ive read that causes of freq. yeast infections are caused by weaken immune systems . plus has your hubby been treated for yeast infection too . yall are probley passing it back and forth between one another . both of you need to be treated and try not ot have intercourse until both of u have been treated . plus if your taking to many antibiotics your body will start to be ammuned to it . i hope that helped a little . i really dont know all that much about it but if you need anymore help ill try my best , ntm im sure other will help you too on here . best of luck hun ! ........2young
Thanks for the response. Yes my husband has been tested. And I have also been tested for you name (Diabetes,etc,) And unfortunately we have been unable to have intercourse since this started  on April 7th. It hurts to wear jeans let alone try to have intercourse. And I have not taken any antibiotics because I know that they cause yeast infections. Its so frustrating for me. I just don't understand. I eat healthy (NO red meat though), do Pilates, run and watch my weight. I have never smoked. Drink only once in awhile out at dinner.  I work in the health field so health is important. I cut down on any type of sugar and carb. I never drink coffee or pop. For years I strictly only drink water and Sugar Free Crystal Lite. No dairy because of my IBS.  My doctor is seeing me in the morning as an emergency patient because she was on vacation last week. I know she recommended me whiching from the pill to the IUD. Ever hear anything about that? I really don't want to do the hormone shots for 6 months. I don't feel that its only related to my ENDO I think theres somthing else. Plus its scary because my mom died of breast cancer at 34 only and she did have to have an ovary removed at 30 for a mongolian cyst. I hope I don't have the same female problems!!
Any way, hopefully something will be done. I just want one normal week back to normal. Again--thanks for letting me vent.
.....Amanda
A related discussion, intestinal/blood yeast was started.