Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Concerned; help!

For about a year now I've been having a pasty white discharge that sometimes can smell weird. I haven't had pains or spotting and I'm on birth control. My periods are regular and I always have protected sex. Is that normal??
5 Responses
603463 tn?1220630455
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would test you for yeast.  The type of discharge you are describing can be physiologic (normal) OR could be a sign of an overgrowth of yeast.  If it is yeast--it is easy to treat with Diflucan.  Ask your doctor to check it out for you.
Good luck!
Dr B
A related discussion, Please help! was started.
A related discussion, frustrated was started.
A related discussion, This is the first time I'm witnessing this, please help was started.
A related discussion, Bleeding 13 days was started.
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.