Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Cramps after Period

Me and my husband are trying for our first child. I had a period on Oct 2...on oct 25 we went to hawaii for a week, I usually start my period between the 25th-5th but i didnt start till Nov 12th, I had went to the DR on Nov 9th for a preconception visit and let her know , so i took a pt and it came back neg. she said everything was fine it could of been late due to travel and stress. on the Nov 10 we tryed for conception, and on Nov 12 I finally started my period, it lasted 4 days when on the norm it will last 6 to 7 days. the first 2 days were somehwat heavy but the last two werent bad at all. Im usually very very heavy. I only had really bad menstrual cramps on the 2nd day then they went away, i dint have any back pain or anything like that. now almost a week later i am expierncing low back pain and im having light cramping in lower abd area, my nippels even seem a little sore every now and then. why am i expierncing this???
1 Responses
603463 tn?1220630455
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Its difficult to explain your current symptoms.  I ALWAYS recommend a pregnancy test--it can't hurt especially since your period was delayed.
If you were my patient, I would probably ask you to start a menstrual calendar and with that, ovulation predictors.  If your periods are markedly irregular, it could mean that you are not ovulating consistently, and that will slow you down on getting pregnant.
I would also probably want to do a saline ultrasound just to be sure that you don't have any fibroids or polyps causing your heavy flow.
Good luck!
Dr B
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.