Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
I have had the IUD in place for 7 years now and I got my last period on Feb 13th and stopped on Feb 20th. My period was gone for 3 days and I started spotting on Feb 24th until today. Im scared that there will be something wrong with it or I may have become pregnant. Please advise if this symphtoms are common
Hi!
It is fairly common for women to have an "unusual" cycle now and then.  I always recommend a pregnancy test as the first step.  If that is negative, in your case, I would then wait and see what happens.  If the spotting goes away and nothing else happens, I would not think much about it at all.  If it becomes a pattern, and you have spotting with each cycle, or the bleeding is prolonged ( more that 8 days) or very heavy, it could be a sign of infection or other problem, and you should go in a see your MD.

I am assuming that you do not have a Mirena IUD as those only last for five years--if you have that one, you better go on in now!

Good luck!
Dr B