Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Light bleeding after Annexectomy

I had my left fallopian tube and ovary surgically removed 17 days ago as I had a very severe infection due to a large abscess on the fallopain tube and ovary.  I am 40 and gave birth to my 5th child 11 weeks ago.  I had been exclusively breastfeeding my baby until she was 8 weeks old and I was taken into hospital and have since had to stop.  On leaving hospital I was prescribed with 3 weeks of antibiotics (Augmentin 1g x 3 times a day and Oflocet 200mg 2 times a day) and also cerazette contraceptive pill which I started taking 14 days ago.  I was told it would take at least 3 weeks for me to recover as I had such a severe infection.  Since the operation I have continued to have mild pelvic pain which I presume is part of the healing process, however today I have had some very light bleeding and low back and pelvic pain.  Is this normal - is it my periods returning or should I get it checked out by the doctor.  I am still on antibiotics so I am presuming it is unlikely to be another infection?  I'd be grateful for some advice as I live in France and it is difficult for me to explain and fully understand what is being said.
1 Responses
242596 tn?1192429549
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

It would be difficult to know as your bleeding could be from more than one cause (e.g., starting the pill, the postpartum return of your menses, placental site sub-involution).  If you have heavy bleeding (i.e., soaking a pad an hour for more than 2-3 hours) call your physician.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.