Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Medroxyprogesterone dosage

My D.O. just prescribed Medroxyprogesterone at my request; I had been on this before for PCOS, but I don't think it was prescribed to me in the correct way as I remember.  The prescription is written to take 1 tablet(10mg) by mouth once daily.  I don't think I am to take this every day for 30 days, so could you tell me what the correct dosage is for this problem and when do I begin taking it?  Seems to me that I took it after I had a period for a period of 5 -10 days, I just can't remember.  Thank you.
1 Responses
242596 tn?1192429549
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

I'd ask you to discuss this with your D.O.  There is more than one way to administer this medication.  An alternative would be to take it for ten days or 2 weeks, during the second half of the menstrual cycle each month or every three months (assuming the indication is anovulation secondary to PCOS).

Discuss further with your physician.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.