Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

Night Sweats

Hello!

I am a 30 year old healthy female. I have 2 children, ages 4 and 10 months. I am still breastfeeding my 10 month old and have not had a return of my period yet since having her. I experienced postpartum night sweats after my first daughter, but they stopped after a few months. This time around I am still experiencing them 10 months later-- they aren't every night and they aren't has bad as they were at the beginning. If I google it, everything fatal comes up. I called my OB/GYN and the nurse did not seemed concerned at all. I had blood drawn last week since I am donating breast milk to a milk bank and everything came back fine from that test, but of course I still don't know what to think. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions! Thanks!
Hi!
Increased prolactin levels (as are normal in lactating women) can cause night sweats and hot flashes.  I would not even be concerned about something as mild as menopause.  If the hot flushes continue after you stop nursing, you might check it out--but chances are good they will stop.\
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you for your response! Menopause really? LOL! I sure hope not so early! I tried to search for other breastfeeding women who experience this at 10 months postpartum but didn't find much...I'll try not to worry though for now :)