Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

PCOS Bloodwork

I don't particularly understand my results or what they are showing.  When I went to get the results my GP told me the results were 'normal', however having done a little research I am concerned about them and want to have a better understanding.  I have another appointment next week so I want to be a bit more clued up on what questions to be asking and what information I require.

Results can be seen here:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/medhelp_images/posts/9394234_fs?1376674367

Thank you in advance.
1 Responses
603463 tn?1220626855
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is difficult to interpret your results because I don't know what day of the cycle you had them done.  Everything looks fine, but  your results would neither rule in or out PCOS in my interpretation.  I would also suggest a prolactin level and cycle day 21 progesterone level.  FSH/LH and estradiol are easiest to interpret if they are done on cycle day 3.
Good luck!
Dr B
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.