Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Raised skin abcesses on vaginal walls

Hi there,

I am a 27 year old female. I am sexual active with my boyfriend.  Ive had normal papsmears (only thing ever showed up once was vaginitis shortly after giving birth).
I had noticed about 4 years ago I had a small abscess on my vaginal wall, I never thought too much of it since I thought it was a big skin tag. Then I had a pap, and gave birth to my daughter, and no doctor ever made mention of it.
Then today, while shaving down there, and I spread my lips open a bit, I noticed I had it on the other side of the wall as well. They are about just under a cm each, and are raised. At first I thought maybe it was Bartholins Gland abscesses, but they arent firm. They are squishy and not a ball shape. They are about the same color as the flesh down there, maybe a bit darker yellow-ish.  I was never alarmed in the past, till I saw this now.. and then I dug out my digital camera to take a picture to get a better look at it.  It is hard to describe what it is. It almost looks like a uvula (that flesh looking thing in the back of your mouth), on either side of my vaginal wall. Could scar tissue from a rough labor be the cause of that? Or could it be cancerous?  As I said, I never really looked into it since I always noticed the first one and no doctor ever made mention of it to me - so I thought it was just normal.  
Im in a very rural community and with no transportation, so was just hoping to get an expert opinion on this for now.

I also noticed a small whitehead at the very tip of my vaginal opening, towards my rectum. I had stitches after giving birth, so I dont know if it could be normal? Its just a very small (pin sized) tip and its white.
1 Responses
603463 tn?1220630455
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
I have never been good at figuring out what something is without looking at it!  I wish I could see your digital photos!  If  the one has been there for 4 years without changing, it is very unlikely to be cancer.  If they are symmetrical, they are unlikely to be cancer.
It definitely could be scar tissue if you had a rough birth and lots of stitches.  The white spot could be a stitch that hasn't dissolved yet.  (I don't know when you delivered).
Your best bet is to get in and get a check up, but I don't think that it is an emergency.

Good luck!
Dr B
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.