Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

Raised skin abcesses on vaginal walls

Hi there,

I am a 27 year old female. I am sexual active with my boyfriend.  Ive had normal papsmears (only thing ever showed up once was vaginitis shortly after giving birth).
I had noticed about 4 years ago I had a small abscess on my vaginal wall, I never thought too much of it since I thought it was a big skin tag. Then I had a pap, and gave birth to my daughter, and no doctor ever made mention of it.
Then today, while shaving down there, and I spread my lips open a bit, I noticed I had it on the other side of the wall as well. They are about just under a cm each, and are raised. At first I thought maybe it was Bartholins Gland abscesses, but they arent firm. They are squishy and not a ball shape. They are about the same color as the flesh down there, maybe a bit darker yellow-ish.  I was never alarmed in the past, till I saw this now.. and then I dug out my digital camera to take a picture to get a better look at it.  It is hard to describe what it is. It almost looks like a uvula (that flesh looking thing in the back of your mouth), on either side of my vaginal wall. Could scar tissue from a rough labor be the cause of that? Or could it be cancerous?  As I said, I never really looked into it since I always noticed the first one and no doctor ever made mention of it to me - so I thought it was just normal.  
Im in a very rural community and with no transportation, so was just hoping to get an expert opinion on this for now.

I also noticed a small whitehead at the very tip of my vaginal opening, towards my rectum. I had stitches after giving birth, so I dont know if it could be normal? Its just a very small (pin sized) tip and its white.
Hi!
I have never been good at figuring out what something is without looking at it!  I wish I could see your digital photos!  If  the one has been there for 4 years without changing, it is very unlikely to be cancer.  If they are symmetrical, they are unlikely to be cancer.
It definitely could be scar tissue if you had a rough birth and lots of stitches.  The white spot could be a stitch that hasn't dissolved yet.  (I don't know when you delivered).
Your best bet is to get in and get a check up, but I don't think that it is an emergency.

Good luck!
Dr B