This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


I am 16 years. I am sexually active and I do take birth control. I have gotten a yeast infection from the birth control before and taken monistat for it. I have been with my bf for a long time and know that I could not have no way of an STD. After my period I tried to have sexual intercourse with my boyfriend but it hurt really bad right at the beginning. He could not even get all the way in because it feels like it's burning and sore! Please help! I am currently takin monistat again thinking it could be another yeast infection. I really don't want to go to a doctor or get a exam.
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
603463 tn?1220630455
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you should go to your doctor or to a clinic like Planned Parenthood for evaluation.  (You knew I was going to say that!)  It is possible that you had a reaction to the Monistat.  Sometimes people get a dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) because of an allergic reaction to the cream which is worse than the yeast was in the first place.  If so, you should take diflucan for the yeast (oral medication) and get some anti-inflammatory medication for the dermatitis.  And you should avoid the creams in the future..
Another possibility that presents like this is herpes.  It can be type 1 (the cold sore virus if either of you has that) OR type 2.  The best way to find out if it is that is to have a blood test done.  There is medication that will help to clear up that infection too.
Go to the doctor--its not that bad and you need a diagnosis!
Good luck!
Dr B
Discussion is closed