Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

heavy bleeding

i start my peroid last night but since then im been soaking a pad in 15-30 mins. I feel fine not weak or dizzy. I don't have any clots just straight bleeding. Does anyone know if this is normal? Oh, this is also my first period since I had my son in march.
Hi!
No, what you are describing is NOT normal.  If you were my patient, I would want you to call me right away, and I would probably send you to the emergency room.
I would want to do an ultrasound of your uterus and some other tests, including a pregnancy test (yes, I ALWAYS do that) and a test of your red and white blood cell counts.
Give your doctor a call if you haven't already!
Good luck!
Dr B
OH, PS congratulations on your baby!