options

What are my options for birth control if I am not allowed to use any form of hormonal treatments, like the pill????
Hi!
The IUD (intrauterine contraceptive device) is a good reversible method for women who cannot use hormonal methods.  There are also diaphragms and condoms of course--there are several different types of barrier methods such as the cervical cap.  If you have completed your family, you could consider tubal ligation or Essure, but these should not be considered unless you have all the children you will ever want and NO doubts in your mind.  Vasectomy is in that same category.

Hope the information is useful!

Dr B
Thank you. =)

You are reading content posted in the Gynecology / Women's Health Forum