Gynecology / Women's Health Forum

worried....

Hello, I have a question when you are on your period is it normal for the blood to be like a big chunk of flesh? Its not huge but it is not like liquid blood.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that what you are describing sounds like a blood clot.  It can be normal to have these during your period if they are not larger than about the size of a nickel.  If you are having lots of big ones, it suggests that you are bleeding a little more than we would normally see, and I would suggest a trip to your doctor.
If you just have a few small ones--no worries.
Good luck!
Dr bB
A related discussion, uterus movement after eating was started.
A related discussion, Cycle was started.
A related discussion, Really worried was started.
Gynecology / Women's Health Forum