Gynecology / Women's Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


Hello, I have a question when you are on your period is it normal for the blood to be like a big chunk of flesh? Its not huge but it is not like liquid blood.
4 Responses
603463 tn?1220630455
If you were my patient, I would advise you that what you are describing sounds like a blood clot.  It can be normal to have these during your period if they are not larger than about the size of a nickel.  If you are having lots of big ones, it suggests that you are bleeding a little more than we would normally see, and I would suggest a trip to your doctor.
If you just have a few small ones--no worries.
Good luck!
Dr bB
Avatar universal
A related discussion, uterus movement after eating was started.
Avatar universal
A related discussion, Cycle was started.
Avatar universal
A related discussion, Really worried was started.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.