HCG Protocol Group Community
69 Members

BMI calculator

BMI calculator says I should loose more weight than I planned. I'm 5'9, 198 lbs and I want to get to 170. At 170 the online BMI calculator says I will still beconsidered overweight. Not sure I want to loose that much weight. any advice?
Do what feels right for you.  I myself want to get to around 170 which is a size 8 for me but all the charts say that is obese.  I don't look or feel obese at that size.  If you want a more formal opinion go to your doctor.  They should messure your wrists and use other tools to calculte your "ideal weight".  But you got to be realistic.  At 42 it would be VERY hard for me to go back to 125 lbs.  I don't even think I would look good being that small.  And then again.  I just want to feel comfortable.  It's not a career in modeling I am after.
Your advice is great and I do feel good right now. I still have a thick middle/muffin top which I think may never go away. Yes I would likefor that to go away but I think I can do that with yoga. I will be 51 in 2 weeks and I'm happy that I have been able to commit to a diet for the first time in my life. I also haven't given my body more than a two week interruption and I really need to stop for a while. If I can get down to 180, I may just take a break and start back in September if I feel the need to loose more.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.