HIV - International Forum

Can i be infected ?

Hi Doctor! I am 34 years of age and come from Sweden.  I am sharing this information because I think it might be relevant for you in evaluating my case. Like everyone else I am writing to you out of concern about HIV exposure. Last year I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral ( on me ) with an escort here in Sweden. I was worried then about potential exposure then and been in contact with a friend who is a doctor in medicine and said that there is no risk and I can continue to have unprotected sex with my wife. 4 weeks ago the same thing happened , I had protected vaginal sex 2 times with an escort and oral sex ( on me ) unprotected. I've done quite a lot reading on this website and understood that there's no evidence of exposure this way but my anxieties hit high when few days ago I got a rash! It was urticaria like few days ago on the right side of my chest and only in one spot, itching and first I associated it with an allergy because I have tendency to allergies. Since yesterday I got again the same presentation on the other side which by today is almost gone. Could this be an alarm sign ? Should I get tested and when ? I haven't had any intercourse with my wife sine 2 months, should I continue to abstain from sex ? Thank you in advance for your help.
Hello

You are not at risk of HIV through this episode.

You are though - and you have been on the prior occasions - potentially at risk of syphilis, herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhoea and you should - and should have - screened for these before resuming sex with your wife.

kind regards, Sean
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.