HIV - International Forum
Hello doctor, first of all thank you for taking time to answer to my questions, i appreciate it,

I went to a massage parlor in Jan 2011.Had sex with the use of condom which broke in midway. Did not ejaculate in her. Was afraid of getting HIV. The woman said she did not have HIV.Shamefull to say this but I’m married. A few months after that event  my wife got pregnant. She and the baby went for all the test including HIV test and both of them are fine. I'm just human, after sometime I went to csw three times, all times I used condom even when the women gave me blow jobs. But the third time I fingered the women and had anal and vaginal sex and in between the intercourse, spur of the moment I licked her vagina not realizing that she was a csw. I Washed my mouth, did not see any form of blood in any area.I also kissed them and kissed her breasts and nipples
Now I’m scared to death.

1) Is there any way my wife and child are infected? My Kid was born 3 months ago
2) After the third time, am I infected  with HIV?
I’m promising my self not to do any of this again for the best of my wife and son.
3) Must I get my self checked for HIV and when must I do it?
This happen abt a week ago.
4) Is safe to make love to my wife?
5) Do i have any risk of other STDs?
6) What are my risks of getting HIV from the above?

Pls help!!
Hello

You asked:-

It is unlikely as you say that they were both tested - it depends obviously on the type and generation of HIV test used. In addition, if you are not HIV positivbe then you cannot have given your wife HIV.

I don't know. I doubt it but you seem not to have had an HIV test yourself

The ideal point is 28 days after an possible exposure using a 4th generatiuon HIV DUO test or three months after exposure using a 3rd generation HIV test. Yes, I would suggest that you do get checked out.

This happen abt a week ago.
4) Is safe to make love to my wife?

No - get yourself tested for HIV and STD's and then when you have a clear answer you can make your decision.

5) Do i have any risk of other STDs?

see above

The average chance of acquiring HIV from a heterosexual contact assuming the other person to be HIV positive is 1 in 1200 episodes.

Go and get yourself checked out.

best regards, Sean

just to confirm i used condom for the third csw also.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.