Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV - International Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Lingual Tonsils

Hi,
Couple of weeks ago I had a feeling in my throat which wan't sore throat. I just felt a bit of pressure or lump inside my throat. Kinda like when you are sad an you want to cry. Agai

I went to an ENT office not because it was painful or really uncomfortable just because of my anxiety.

He performed a nasal endoscopy to look at the back of my throat. He said my lingual tonsils seems to be causing this feeling and the reason for that is allergies and he suggested over OTC allergy reliefs.

He showed me the video of the nasal endoscopy and I noticed couple of white spots on back of my tongue in the video ( I cant see them my self in the mirror) and I asked my doctor what they were. He said they are not fungus and they just seem like white because the camera of the nasal endoscopy  is tangent to my tongue and he said dont worry about them. I have following questions

1) Can a doctor tell whether those were oral thrush or fungus by just looking at them with nasal endoscopy or a lab test is required?

2) Can enlargement of lingual tonsils suggest HIV? He said its allergy. But I never had allergies in my life and I am 29 now. Can I start developing allergies?

3) at some poiint I had mollescum contagiusm and my dermatalgist frozethem all and they all went away. He said since they treated easily its nothing to worry about. True?

Are any of the above suggest HIV?
1 Responses
936016 tn?1332765604
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello

1) Can a doctor tell whether those were oral thrush or fungus by just looking at them with nasal endoscopy or a lab test is required?

An experienced clinician like your ENT doctor will almost certainly be correct in his or her assessment of things like this. I am sure that he will be correct.

2) Can enlargement of lingual tonsils suggest HIV?

No

He said its allergy. But I never had allergies in my life and I am 29 now. Can I start developing allergies?

Yes of course - all through life

3) at some poiint I had mollescum contagiusm and my dermatalgist frozethem all and they all went away. He said since they treated easily its nothing to worry about. True?

Yes I wpoud agree with that - molluscum contagiosum is a temporary transient infection typically spread sexually in adults and is harmless.

I'm sure you're fine

very best, Sean
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.