HIV - International Forum

Need closure!

I am a 26y old male.
Last year I had 2 unprotected vaginal encounters with a girl of unknown status, plus a case of fingering her while having dermatitis on my hand. The dermatitis was making my skin really dry and while I don't believe that I had visible blood on the fingers I cant be certain about it. The last sexual encounter took place on the 20 of March and the fingering incident around the 20 of April.
Some time aftet that I developed some symptoms: molluscum -only 1 was identified by a doctor and it was on the genitals, some others I diagnosed myself in other areas- a night with sweat,some loss of weight that I accidentally found out which caused the anxiety -4kgs but in different scales-,possible low grade fever as well as a lesion on my penis, all of them leading to anxiety and depression.

I got tested in Greece where everything took place for HIV+syphilis around the 5 of June of the same year.Negative. Doctors in Greece ask for 2 months waiting before taking the test.
I left for Denmark where I live now and got retested around 6-7 months after the incidents, antibody for HIV 1/2 again negative. I also got tested for Hep A.B.C and syphilis again, chlamydia (the only one positive) and found out that I had a recurrence of HPV on the genitals, that I didnt have for years.
1.Is there a possibility that the tests in Denmark would miss an infection with the Greek-Cypriot crf (CRF04-cpx) which I heard is responsible for a large number of infections in Greece?
2.I had very thorough blood/urine/hair examinations for minerals/vitamins etc etc, around the summer of last year. I found out that my urine had very low sulfur, as well as my hair. I also found chronic low total body glutathione and I have been taking supplementation for these. Is there any significant link of HIV infection with these findings?
3.Is there a possibility of simultaneous HIV/Hep C infection causing delayed seroconversion for both viruses?
4.Can I rest assured I am not infected with HIV?
Hello

Thank you for your posting. You've asked the following:-

No

No

No

Yes

You are worrying yourself silly about nothing. You do not have co-infection with hepatitis C and also HIV. If you did have a molluscum infection then that was bad luck but innocent. Molluscum contagiosum is a common skin to skin viral infection and often occurs in the genital area in sexually active adults. It does not mean anything else. It does not indicate HIV infection.

Best regards, Sean

I forgot to mention some things:
First of all im not circumsized.
Around 2-3 weeks after the sexual encounter I also had a case of yeast infection on the genitals, but this was possibly caused by my girlfriend at the time (she also had it) and the severe heat in Greece. This is not the girl I mentioned above though.
Also, the tests I had in the summer (not the std panel, the other ones) found other deficiencies in basic elements on the hair as well as other problems. I believe that this was a result of acute stress in combination with the fact that i am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian but with a very bad diet and a smoker/drinker who sees the light of day really rarely (weird sleeping times). My overall lifestyle is a significant influence for the results, but I have read about many of these deficiencies to be cause by HIV etc.
In case my previous message seemed impolite, I had to delete a great number of words because of the word limit!

All the best
Doctor thank you SO MUCH for you simple answer!
The reason I was afraid about Hep C and HIV was the fact that I had some weird stool (lighter colour) and some abdominal discomfort on the right side, but being hypocondriac the second symptom might have been in my mind. As for the lighter stool I am pretty sure that it can be caused by food or the supplements, but the combination scared me.
I also had other "symptoms" that could be assosciated with HIV etc(e.g. a possible more case of Molluscum some months after and more). but I guess symptoms wouldnt make a difference whatsoever.
Judging from your answer you sound pretty certain, but do these info change anything on your views?

All the best and again thank you.
btw the whole idea about Hec C was created when I used the girls nail clipper and she freaked out saying that it is a personal item! I then read about this being a possible route of transmission.

This is the last comment I am adding!
I am sorry I am adding one more comment, but I totally forgot about this and I need to ask it if I want to close this once and for all.
Last May, before going into this HIV senarios (they were created after getting Molluscum), I only had some guilt and possibly a little stress because of my classes. I smoked a little weed alone, which in the past I was doing a lot more, and I suddenly had a weird psychological attack, feeling paranoid etc. I think this could be a psychotic attack induced by the substance (that's what I was told by a professional), but the quantity I smoked was very small...
I am not asking for psychological counselling of course, but to your knowledge, can this have anything to do with an early symptom of HIV? I believe it is a long shot but  have heard about neurological problems etc and I don't know how to explain it.
Also, does the sudden onset of anxiety/depression of last June fit the profile of HIV neurological manifestation at all?

Sincerely this will be my last comment, I would really appreciate it if you go through my questions of the last comments individually, or give me your opinion after taking all the factors into consideration.
Hello again

The weed is the likely cause of your psychological - as distinct to a neurological - problem. Cannabis is associated with paranoid disorders in young people - especially young men. I'm glad to say that you still have not given me anything that is remotely suggestive of HIV risk or infection.

very best wishes, Sean
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.