HIV - International Forum

PEP for Oral sex?

Hello there.

Last night I had some wine at a local gay bar in a city in Western Europe. I currently have had a sore throat/allergies and got drunk and ended up performing oral sex on a guy there. I blew him and rimmed him briefly. I am wondering what the risk is for this, considering my throat. It actually doesn't really hurt that much 20 hours or so later, though I do have some faint red spots I noticed. My voice is a bit hoarse, but I don't think it is strep- I've had that and it hurt more. I would assume thrusting of a penis in my mouth would further irritate the throat but that hasn't been the case.

I did give oral sex a few days before, too, to an unknown parter. I always use condoms for anal sex and have unprotected oral sex considering the low risk.

I woke up this morning with a bit lip. Because I was drunk, I'm not sure if I had bit my lip before or after the oral sex. I ate some dinner after the encounter-- maybe 45 minutes after-- and I faintly remember biting it then but because I was drunk, I am worried that I might have bit it during or before the act and just don't remember. Why I would give head with a bleeding lip, I do not know, but I was drunk. It hurt and there was definitely some blood. This man says he is HIV negative as of February and did not cum in my mouth.

Questions:
1) Would my inflamed, sore throat or potentially bit lip with blood be a cause for worry and to get on PEP? The guy didn't cum in my mouth, as I said.

2) Could the faint red spots on my throat be indicative of an STI or maybe just a sore throat issue?

2) Also, I had sex as a top last weekend. We used a condom. I was worried after that the condom may be lambskin, though I've never used one and always use latex. It had a definite tip and we were both sober. I think I am just making it up since I have anxiety over HIV, but wouldn't I be able to tell if a condom was lambskin or not if it was my first time using one?

Thank you for your help.
Hello

Thanks for the post. I think you are likely to be absolutely fine.

No I don't think you should go onto PEP and certainly the UK guidelines do not recommend that for you. The overall likelihood of contracting HIV through sucking another is very low. The overall risk of sucking someone who's status is unknown is calculated as 1 in 62,000 in London and 1 in 166000 in the rest of the UK and the same is likely to be the case for the large metropolitan areas in Western Countries which tend to attract larger numbers of gay and bisexual people for a variety of reasons. Where the person being sucked is HIV positive then the chances are in the order of 1 in 5000 with ejaculation.

Either so it is worth checking this out

Why does everyone worry about lambskin condoms? I've never seen one and my attempts to find and buy them fail so I really don't think this is an issue at all.

As I said earlier, I think you are fine,

kind regards, Sean
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.